The National Guard is back in the Cincinnati area after a week-long shutdown that shuttered more than 2,000 restaurants across the city.

The National Guardsmen are helping with the recovery efforts at several of the restaurants.

The Guard said that it would resume operations as soon as possible, but some restaurants may have to close temporarily for renovations.

The Cincinnati Food Bank said that they had restored enough food to serve 1,200 people in need.

The restaurant sector had been hit particularly hard by the shutdown.

More than 100 restaurants have been closed since the outbreak began, but it was the first time the Guard had returned to the city since the shutdown began.

The restaurants reopened on Monday.

Tags: